Next offering: TBA
This two day course will offer exam review for infection preventionists seeking initial certification in infection control, as well as for those who are renewing their certification. Lunch and breaks will be provided on both days. This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the North Carolina Nurses Association, and accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
CE contact hours: 13.5
Please note: Course registration deadline is 12/15/19. If the number of registrations needed for the course are not received by this date, the course will be cancelled, and all registration fees will be reimbursed.
What previous attendees have said:
- The course helped direct my weak areas. (many)
- Wonderful, helpful, informative sessions!!
- loved the Poll Everywhere app!
- I thought the class was excellent. It really helped to be able to assess my learning and keep me focused on what I needed to study in order to test.
- This was an excellent learning experience. I don’t think you could improve! 🙂 Every speaker explained what they were discussing with understandable language and examples.
- The entire course and its content was very relevant.
- The presenters were knowledgeable and relayed the information in a way that I could understand. I am thankful for their experience, knowledge, and their willingness to share it with the infection prevention world.
- The course helped me. I know what I need to do to prepare for exam.
- Thank you so very much. The class was an excellent confidence booster.
- As always SPICE programs are very informative and I gain a ton of information from them and the speakers are wonderful experts. I never get tired of hearing them speak and look forward when I see their names listed at other events I attend!
The course content will mirror the exam content as outlined on the CBIC website:
- Identification of Infectious Disease Processes (22 items) 16%
- Surveillance and Epidemiologic Investigation (24 items) 18%
- Preventing/Controlling the Transmission of Infectious Agents (25 items) 19%
- Employee/Occupational Health (11 items) 8%
- Management and Communication (13 items) 10%
- Education and Research (11 items) 8%
- Environment of Care (14 items) 10%
- Cleaning, Sterilization, Disinfection, Asepsis (15 items) 11%
Course Quote (for payment/approval documentation)