February 24-25, 2020
This two day course will offer exam review for infection preventionists seeking initial certification in infection control, as well as for those who are renewing their certification. Lunch and breaks will be provided on both days.
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the North Carolina Nurses Association, and accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
CE contact hours: 13.5
Please note: Course registration deadline is 12/15/19. If the number of registrations needed for the course are not received by this date, the course will be cancelled, and all registration fees will be reimbursed.
The course content will mirror the exam content as outlined on the CBIC website:
- Identification of Infectious Disease Processes (22 items) 16%
- Surveillance and Epidemiologic Investigation (24 items) 18%
- Preventing/Controlling the Transmission of Infectious Agents (25 items) 19%
- Employee/Occupational Health (11 items) 8%
- Management and Communication (13 items) 10%
- Education and Research (11 items) 8%
- Environment of Care (14 items) 10%
- Cleaning, Sterilization, Disinfection, Asepsis (15 items) 11%
Course Quote (for payment/approval documentation)