DEAR WEBINAR ATTENDEE,
You are registered for the upcoming Live Webinar “SPICE Infection Control in Long Term Care Facilities” on December 14 – 16, 2020. If you are unable to attend please notify firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
STEP ONE: DO NOW
- Sign up for the Zoom webinar at this link: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_XEsOYgdvTNa93CQ_hKyFew
- It is very important that you enter your email address correctly.
- Look for an email from “Amy Powell” with your link to the webinar.
STEP TWO: DO NOW
- Read the disclosure statement: https://spice.unc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/LTC-Agenda-December-2020-1.docx
- All participants must attend 100% of the activity – 3 full days – to receive the completion certificate and CE credit (19.5 hours). No partial credit is given. Please arrange your schedule to attend all lectures.
STEP THREE: DO NOW
- Get your handouts at this link: https://spice.unc.edu/icltchandouts/
- Print the agenda: https://spice.unc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/LTC-Agenda-December-2020-1.docx
STEP FOUR: DO BETWEEN NOW AND 12/14
- To meet the requirements of the NC .0206 Infection Control Rule, you must complete the module on NC Laws. Please complete the module (which is approximately 30 minutes in length) before the first day of class. Click this link to complete the module.
STEP FOUR: START ON MONDAY, 12/14/2020
- Begin the webinar. We will open the webinar at 7:50 am for you to check your sound. The actual webinar will start at 8:00 am.
- Click on the unique link you receive via email (STEP ONE above): “Click Here to Join” If prompted, enter the Passcode that is provided in the invite. Use the same link and password provided in the invite for all three days. Once you are logged in to the webinar for the day, stay in. You do not have to log on and off at breaks.
- Housekeeping Notes:
- All participants are automatically muted for the webinar; you will not be seen.
- If you have questions:
- Use chat for technical assistance ONLY
- Use Q&A for infection control, webinar content questions
- For technical assistance during the webinar, use the chat box or contact: Amy Powell at email@example.com or 919-966-6383
- If you are joining with your cell phone, make sure to also click “Click Here to Join” on your computer; if you do not do this, you will not be able to receive credit.
STEP FIVE: DO AFTER THE WEBINAR
- Evaluation and Completion Certificate: At the conclusion of the webinar, you will receive a link to the course evaluation.
- You must enter your State of North Carolina Licensure Number. For nursing homes it starts with NH; for assisted living facilities it starts with HAL. This information enables us to report the number of people from each type of facility that received the training. This will be used ONLY to count Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Facilities, and not to identify your evaluation responses.
- When you complete the course evaluation you will automatically be re-directed to the course completion certificate.
- Download it first. Then open from your download folder, type in your name and the date, and save/print.