The Statewide Program for Infection Control and Epidemiology promotes prevention and control of health care associated infections in North Carolina and beyond by providing evidence based education and consultation across the healthcare spectrum.
SPICE seeks to be recognized as the foremost public infection prevention leader in North Carolina and will strive to create the safest possible healthcare environment for patients, their families and healthcare personnel by minimizing or preventing the risk of acquiring a healthcare-associated infection in all types of healthcare facilities.
- The promotion of excellence in the performance of patient care, education and research.
- Decision-making based on science.
- Personal competence, creativity and dedication to continuous professional development.
- Teamwork, fairness, collegiality both within our department and in our health care community.
- The talents and contributions made by our department, hospital staff and our larger community.
- The ability to respond in a flexible manner to a dynamic health care environment and seek continuous improvement in the services we offer.